Code of Conduct and Terms & Conditions
1. We will comply at all times with the Environmental Protection and Health & Safety legislation
2. We will co-operate with the client in the discharge of the client’s duties under relevant legislation
3. Unbiased advice on numbers of units to meet the need and the location of the clients needs
4. The agreed number of units shall be installed at the correct location on the day agreed (At least 48 hours notice needs to be given by either party should this need to be changed). Units will be clean and in all respects usable
5. Where effluent is collected it will be disposed of in accordance with the principles contained in the Environmental Protection Act regulations 1991
6. Toilets will be serviced on a regular basis and a record of servicing will be kept. Servicing will include replenishing of consumables and may include emptying and recharging with water and toilet additive
7. The client/hirer will keep the toilet/s within 15 feet for our service trailer for weekly servicing
8. Every effort will be made to collect units to meet the client’s requirements.
9. Whilst the possibility of spillage is remote, in the event of spillage occurring, every effort will be made to control the situation and protect the environment
10. Complaints will be dealt with utmost urgency
11. The client/hirer will be responsible for any loss or damage to the toilet/s or fencing once Local Toilet Hire has delivered to the location agreed. When toilets/fencing are lost, stolen or damaged and cannot be retrieved by us, the hire will be deemed to end when the client/hirer pays to us the invoiced charges for the loss of the toilet/s or fencing. Charges for loss or damage will be based on new replacement values. The hirer under no circumstances must modify/alter the toilet/s or fencing on hire, any changes to the unit/s will be charged by the toilet provider for replacement
12. If the toilet / fencing is involved in any accident, we the owners must be notified immediately
13. The client/hirer shall not re-hire, sub let or lend to any third party without the written consent of us the owner
14. The toilet/s shall not be moved to another site or location
15. Hire will commence on the date agreed by both parties and will cease on the date agreed by both parties. Charges will be calculated on a weekly basis and rounded up to the full week as agreed from the initial agreement.
16. The client/hirer will allow access for delivery and removal of the unit/s. If access for removal is not possible due to obstructions, then you will be liable for those days/weeks hire.
17. All payments are in advance or on the day of delivery where an issue of an invoice will be provided, or unless a credit facility has been granted by us in writing. We the owner may terminate the hire in the event of the client/hirer failing to comply with the owner’s payment terms. Payment shall not be deemed to be made until we the owners have received either cash or cleared funds in the respect of the full amount outstanding as agreed by both parties
18. Insurance is the clients/hirers responsibility once the toilet/s have been delivered
19. Local Toilet Hire shall not be liable for death or personal injury arising from your negligence.
20. We shall not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable at the time of entering into the contract
21. All invoice queries must be notified to us the owner in writing within 21 days
22. Local Toilet Hire is a broker of portable toilet hire across the UK. We will use a mixture of local and national toilet providers
23. In the event of traffic delays servicing/collection/delivery of toilets may be delayed and will be actioned asap thereafter
24. In adverse weather conditions, emptying/servicing or removal of the toilet/s may be delayed or postponed
25. If portable toilet/s are blown or pushed over, when on hire, a charge will be incurred for replacing/cleaning
26. The hirer will inspect the toilet/s (or ensure the toilet/s are inspected) on delivery and record any damage to or defects with the toilet/s on the delivery note. You shall within 48 hours notify us of any alleged defect or damage. If you fail to comply with these provisions, the toilet/s will be conclusively presumed to have been delivered free from any defect or damage which will be apparent on any reasonable examination of the toilet/s
27. The hirer accepts that Local Toilet Hire or the toilet provider shall not be responsible for making good or repairing any damage to the site/location howsoever caused
28. The hirer will obtain all permissions, consents and/or licenses required for the toilet/s under any statute regulation or bye-law and comply with relevant conditions imposed
29. The hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that the toilet/s is available for collection at the end of the hire. Failure to do this will result in an aborted collection charge plus additional hire charges until the unit is collected
30. Time of payment of the hire charge and VAT shall be the essence of the contract
31. The hirer shall pay all invoices by the due date as specified on the invoice. Failure to do so will result in a late payment of fee of £50 + VAT. Where payment is overdue by 7 days or more Local Toilet Hire reserve the right to collect the toilet/s and further hire and collection charges will apply
32. Force Majeure – Save as otherwise provide herein, neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, nor strike lock-out industrial action fire flood drought tempest or any other event beyond the reasonable control of either party
33. Payment Terms: All payment for hire must be agreed at time of booking, details of which will be set out on your invoice. Payment must be made by the date specified on the invoice. Units will not be delivered until cleared payment is received. Payment terms are as set out on the invoice. For construction toilet hire we will aim to get the units out within 48 hours of receiving cleared payment, however this is not always possible.
By making payment, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and cancellation policy.
Construction toilets will be placed on a 4 weekly recurring payments scheme unless otherwise agreed in writing by both parties. We (Local Toilet Hire Ltd) will take the payments automatically every 4 weeks until you (the customer) off hires the toilets, any balance owed to you (the customer) will be refunded to your account on request.
34. Delivery Requirements: Clear access must be provided by the hirer with no width or height restrictions or overhead cables. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that someone is on site to take delivery. We will not leave any of our units without meeting the site contact.
Connection to mains services: Local Toilet Hire do not connect the units to any mains services. This is the responsibility of the hirer. If you are hiring any power generators from another source, please check with us first to confirm what power source you will require.
Steps and Ramps: Local Toilet Hire do not supply any steps, ramps or landings.
Cancellation Charges: Less than 7 days prior to delivery will result in 100% cancellation charge. 7 – 14 days prior to delivery will result in 75% cancellation charge. 15 – 21 days prior to delivery will result in 50% cancellation charge. All deposits are non refundable from booking.
All cancellation requests need to be made in writing or Local Toilet Hire reserves the right to charge for the full hire price.
Any confirmed long term hires including site toilets, if cancelled within 72 hrs of delivery will incur a 25% admin fee.
Please note all accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed to our debt collection agency, Sinclair Goldberg Price Ltd. All accounts, without exception, will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus vat to cover our costs in recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
The customer hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Worthing County Court for the resolution of any disputes.
All contracts on a weekly hire charge will remain on hire until terminated by phone call to arrange the collection date within office opening hours.